Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Clean and Simple 130


I have looked at the Clean and Simple sketch every week for months though have never played along with it.  I think it's time to remedy that with this week's challenge.
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzil; PP: DCWV; Punches: PTI & Woodware; Ribbon: HOTP; Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type
After my photographic confession of my hoarding I decided to use some patterned paper.  I pulled out DCWV's Green Stack papers and they're so pretty with such cute images that you don't need to do much to them.  Since I had the paper out I made a couple of other cards too.
Supplies: Card Blank: Handy Hippo; PP: DCWV; Stamp: Hero Arts; Ink: SU Night of Navy


Supplies: Card Blank: Handy Hippo; PP: DCWV; Stamp: WoodwareUSA; Ink: StazOn Jet Black
 I wasn't sure if there was too much white space at the top of this card.  I considered cutting it down to make it a square.  The more I look at it the more I think that's what I should have done.  Any thoughts?
  

4 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

*gasp* You've caught me! I actually have a whole pad of this paper but I think it's too cute to cut up. I love what you've done with it! I guess I need to use mine. LOL I think the 3rd card is balanced perfectly but I really love the middle one!

Karen B. said...

I think the last card looks awesome too, gives the feeling of a vast sky, and I like it! Your cards are great, you do CAS very well.

Kim S said...

I have this problem with patterned paper also. It keeps coming into my house - but never seems to leave on a card.

I like your third card as is. It makes that little guy seem so small and cute!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Absolutely that's what you should have done!! I think that's the point of Clean and Simple - lots of white space!! Your take on the sketch is fabulous . . . the CAS sketch challenge is one of my faves. Outstanding work, Jen!