Friday, November 18, 2011

Mix It Up!

***This is my 2nd post for the day.  Please click here for my Friends With Flair/Paper Players post!***

I thought I'd have time to post this after I got home from work but I just realised that one of the challenges closes in only 4 hours!  This card is for the Wee Memories Birthdays & Parties challenge and also for the Use It Tuesdays cooking challenge. I love the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird and Garden Variety collections and have been hoarding them for ages now.  I also have a million Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type stickers that I use very sparingly.  I really don't know what I think I'm saving all this stuff for. I'm sure all my stash would be much happier to find itself on a card than collecting dust in the Craft Cave.  Thanks, Use It Tuesday for kicking my butt into gear and getting me to put this stuff to use!  Okay, really gotta dash now - back later with the blog candy!
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Sunday Picnic from Garden Variety collection, Image from Early Bird collection) Cosmo CricketStickers:  (Tiny Type) Cosmo Cricket

17 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a totally fun birthday card! And good for you breaking into the stash -- we should all do that more often! :)

Sonya said...

What a super cute card...so very clever! Thanks for joining us at UIT this week!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

So fun and i love the sentiment!!!

Jenny said...

Cute original design Jen...love the tiny alphabet stickers!
Congrats on being a Top Mow it all at lawnscaping...yay :)
Jenny x

Brandi said...

Cute mixer image! Love it!

Marion said...

Such a cute card Jen. Love the image, but I adore how you have created the sentiment! Such fun!

Jay Gee said...

LOL... why do we hoard stuff? Great card Jen and I love this sentiment :)

Karen B. said...

You've been super busy making fabulous stuff. I hope you are doing well! I hoard things too and by the time I get around to using them they are "old" in this paper crafting industry. Your card is too fun!

Anonymous said...

Such a well balanced card, the elements and the colours are fabulous! Love it Jen!

Robin said...

Love the sentiment... fun!
Robin

Meg said...

So cute! I'm glad you put those stickers to good use. I'm a hoarder, too! I actually just took some things out of my cart even though I loved them because I knew I would never find a card "good enough" to use them on. Is that a symptom of my hoarding getting worse or better? :)

Haven_mom4 said...

Glad the challenge got you motivated to use your stash. Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday-Haven

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

look the font you used with the hand mixer, totally works ... have a great day at work ;)

Anonymous said...

lol, i love a good punny card.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is so retro, Jen! What a great card! Hugs xx

france papillon said...

such a lovely card! thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday! :)))

Jessi Fogan said...

At least you have lots of hoarding company - I think I'd better start checking out Use it Tuesday :)
Love this sentiment & fun idea for a birthday card!