Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Heartfelt Flowers


Another gorgeous CAS creation at CASE Study this week courtesy of Laura Bassen.  How cute is that row of houses?  Total rainbow yumminess!  I went with a pretty direct CASE and stuck with the layout, colours and twine.  If it works, it works!  :)  I used 3 PTI dies for this - Beautiful Blooms II #2, Flower Fusion Stem and Heart Prints.  I wanted those beautiful blooms dies for ages and I think this is the first time I've gotten around to using them since I bought them!  For shame...



Cardstock:  (White ) Gina K, (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Think Big Favourites #12) PTI
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punch:  (1/8"hole punch) McGill
Dies:  (Beautiful Blooms II #2, Flower Fusion Stem, Heart Prints) PTI
Twine:  (Charcoal) The Twinery 

23 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my.... this is lovely/beautiful! Going down to my craft cave immediately and adding this to the inspiration file!

Chunyuan said...

fabulous card. great take of the challenge.

Jackie Rockwell said...

WOW you are a card making dynamo Jen!!! This card is crazy GOOD! Now you don't have to feel guilty about not using your flower dies anymore!

Jessi Fogan said...

You aren't the only one...it's almost as if the coveting sucks the inspiration right out? I love how the flowers look with the heart centres :)

Karen B. said...

Super cute and a really great take on the case.

Marie said...

Lovely card, Jen. Love the gorgeous spring flowers.

Michelle said...

Love it! Such a cute idea punching the hearts in the flowers. :-)

Christine Blain said...

LOVE your case of Laura's cute card, Jen! Might just have to CASE yours now, if you don't mind :) It's gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Way to use those dies! I am in the same boat where I have quite a few that I haven't used...but when I first see them I have to have them. Trying to be better! I love your take on the challenge card. Gorgeous.

Maureen Morton said...

What a great take - love these flowers. You have inspired me to revisit my dies....maybe I need to make them more accessible. You know how I love that graphic style of yours....this rocks!

Lindsey said...

Wow, what a perfect CASE!

Lisa Arana said...

oh boy... adore this one!!! your case is just perfect.

JJ Bolton said...

Awesome sauce! Love it! Fun, fun idea Jen:)

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

~amy~ said...

genius!

Wendy said...

Cute, cute, cute...love the little hearts in the flowers.

Jean Martin said...

Wow! Great CAS card! Those flowers are so cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

lostinpaper said...

STUNning Jen! What can I say!

Helen F. said...

SO perfect, Jen! Wonderful card, wonderful CASE :o)

kingstonmama said...

Love those flowers. I like how you punched hearts out of the centers! Ann Y.

Glenda J said...

LOVE the colours and the crisp, clean design!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, so awesome! Definitely a great case!

Jenny said...

You're so right.... If it ain't broke why fix it!!!
Love the bold flowers with the heart centres :0)
I just haven't got into my crafting this week!
Jenny x