Thursday, March 28, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #21


Welcome to Week 21 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch designed by Lisa Arana:  



It's not often I look at a sketch and have an image immediately come to mind but this time the first thing that popped into my head was a typewriter.  I also knew I had some patterned papers with letters in circles buried somewhere and after a bit of digging I found this Cosmo Cricket paper - perfect!  I did some tone on tone stamping to the red strip for a bit of texture, popped up the typewriter and voila!  What do you see in these shapes?  Play along and show us!  Check out the rest of the design team cards and then get to work!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Kraft) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, River Rock)  Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Circa 1934) Cosmo Cricket
Stamps:  (Typewriter and sentiment) Hero Arts, (Cane background) Market Street Stamps
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko

15 comments:

Ardyth said...

Great image - I love that the dots from the sketch are the keys on the typewriter - so clever!

Lynn said...

Awesome...love the combination of papers you choose!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool card!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Just a note to say OMG you're a genius! I totally see a typewriter in that sketch now that you point it out, and that paper is perfection!

Darnell said...

Aaack, that Jessi beat me to it! She stole my line. I'm off to call the po-po.

Lindsey said...

Okay, this is awesome! Great colours, and totally fun take on the sketch!

~amy~ said...

How perfect is this?! awesome!

Joyce said...

This is so cute. I love that typewriter, and it is perfect with that sketch and that paper.

Glenda J said...

What a clever idea for the sketch! Great work.

Barb Ghig said...

I love red on Kraft and the patterned paper you chose for this card is just perfect with the typewriter...very clever!

Jenny said...

Yep, I can see the typewriter idea too, great choice of papers as well. I'm not sure I liked the sketch at first .... It's growing on me though :0)
Jenny x

Lisa Arana said...

perfect use of the sketch! i love that typewriter and you found the perfect papers to match!

lostinpaper said...

I totally struggled with the sketch and you have made it look so easy, I'm jealous lol. Your card is wonderful!

Chrissy Larson said...

This has got to be one of my favorite color combos. There is something about red with kraft! Great card, Jen!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love how you interpreted this sketch Jen!!! Very COOL card!