Thursday, October 17, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #50


Welcome to Week 50 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by Chrissy Larson:


I can't believe we're already at CTS #50!!  I joined the CTS team with Sketch #5 last November.  I was so nervous because I had always struggled with sketch challenges but after almost a year of being forced to use them I have overcome my "Sketch Allergy" and fear them no longer!  Dare I say it but I even enjoy them now.  :D  This week's sketch gave me the perfect opportunity to break out my Circle Burst die.  Actually all three of these dies are seeing the light of day for the first time so this is a real NBUS card.  I also used the colours from Dynamic Duos for my palette.  I can't wait to see how this sketch inspires you so check out the creations by the rest of the CAS(E) This Sketch design team and then get creating!  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Soft Suede) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from You Said It Sister) Fresh Squeezed Stamps
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Small Circle Burst, Woodland Branch, Nestled Bird) Memory Box

22 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow..... an beautiful card! Love the dies, the colors and the phenomenal use of the sketch!

Rosemary said...

holey cow... this is just gorgeous, jen!! LOVE!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card - it has a serene & positive energy!

Lindsey said...

Love this, Jen! Absolutely gorgeous.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I LOVE your NBUS card!!!!! The sunburst is a perfect backdrop for that branch and bird! Beautiful!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous :) perfect mix for the the challenges

Lynn said...

You are rocking the sketches! It's funny I used to like color challenges more and now find I go for the sketch challenge. This card is incredible. The die cuts are amazing!

Deborah Frings said...

I would never have guessed you had a phobia of sketches!! This card is stunning - I love the sunray die cut and the bird on a branch is fab. Lovely work.

Joyce said...

Your take on the sketch is absolutely original and brilliant. I love how that bird is just perched there on the branch. It looks like he is thinking deep thoughts (like--should I use pigment or die ink today)

lostinpaper said...

I'm totally with you, I used to shy from sketches and now I'm finding that (dare I say thanks CTS) now I prefer them to colour challenges (shock! horror!) ps I've got die envy, your card is amazing!

PiecesbyEmily said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Clever take on the challenge. I am enjoying sketch challenges more now too.

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Jen, perfect sketch for such a meaningful card design :0)
Jenny x

Malika said...

Very nice card, love the colours

malika

Kim S said...

You have definitely overcome your sketch-phobia (not that I ever would have noticed!!) I am still loving that die - and it's perfect behind that sweet bird!

Jessi Fogan said...

Add me to the list of die-envy-ers :) Absolutely stunning, Jen! Love the colours you used too.

Gillian R said...

Wow Jen, this is Stunning

Betty said...

Your card is so beautiful. Lovely.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the burst diecut and overlapping branch..its a pretty way to create this scene...so creative!

Chrissy Larson said...

How much do I love that die...let me count the ways! I just adore the colors and the way you used the dies. AWESOME!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Jen! Absolutely stunning!

Darnell said...

Jen, this design is spectacular! Isn't it fun to break in so much NBUS with one card?!! I have that circle burst and it's NBUS to me, so thank you for a pinnable card for me to CASE! Hugs, Darnell

Kay Miller said...

Fabulous! Fabulous!! That die is so neat for the background and I love the red bird on the branch!!