Tuesday, March 11, 2014

CASology #86


Welcome to Week 86 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:



This week's cue word was the source of some good conversation amongst the design team and wait until you see all the different directions we went in!  This is why I love this challenge - you never quite know where it will take you.  For me, I got the phrase "Roots Rock Reggae" stuck in my head which then lead me to Bob Marley's "One Love."  I was inspired by a couple of images I found on Google.   I like the font on the first image and the distressed look of the second.  


Go visit the rest of the design team and then get cracking' on an entry.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!




And this week's guest designer:



***PLEASE NOTE!***

In order to give participants more time to play along we are extending the deadline for entries to Mondays at noon (Central Time).  Due to this extension we will be announcing our winners and honorable mentions on Tuesdays at 7:00am (Central Time), one hour before a new challenge begins.  Challenges will begin at the same time as usual, 8:00am (Central Time) on Tuesdays.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Stamps:  (Swoosh from Typically Teen) The Craft's Meow, (Letters from Inline Letters) Mama Elephant
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green) Stampin' Up

15 comments:

Ardyth said...

So. CLEVER! Love it - and this layout would work with other colours and other messages, too!

Meghan said...

Aha! I get it now! Clever as always!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen you did such a clever take on the cue!

cm said...

Fabulous take on the cue word - and the result is one sweet card! Awesome!
c

Lindsey said...

This is rather brilliant, isn't it? And even if the recipient doesn't click to the connection, it's still a bold, eye-catching, graphic card.

Deepti said...

I simply love ur intelligence :) I love Bob Marley's one love, great card

lostinpaper said...

A difficult challenge for sure and definitely one that could elicit some interesting cards. Love your fun take on the theme Jen!

Jenny said...

I think yours is a brilliant take on the cue word.... Great message too :0)

Joyce said...

This is such a cool card, but I could not for the life of me figure out what was the connection to roots--good thing I clicked over here to read your post. Great idea.

Lynn said...

Such clever inspiration...very very cool Jen!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I love this!!!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea what your design meant until I heard where your inspiration came from. Roots Rock Reggae! I learned new term thanks to you. Great take!!!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, another BRILLIANT card based on the cue! Love the vibrant colors...reminds me of our honeymoon in Jamaica, what very vibrant place to be!

Gillian R said...

Such a great take on the cue work Jen, love everything about this card

Monika Reeck said...

Jen, I google too and found ROOTS is a kind of Reggae style and you got it...your card got the feel of the reggae...great interpretation Jen...but I dont search the Image of Reagge ROOTS LOL...also I was getting a difficult time to join the challenge this week...I come up with carrots Idea ;) Have a nice weekend and lovely Idea of your card...