Tuesday, June 24, 2014

CASology #101


Welcome to Week 101 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who participated in last week's challenge.  It was such a great way to celebrate and there were so many gorgeous entries - you guys rock!  This week I had to make a second card as my first one wasn't quite CAS enough (you can see it tomorrow).  After pondering a few ideas I finally settled on a good old fashioned pencil.  Perfect time of year for this one with schools letting out for summer - I know someone will need this!  Now it's time to check out all the gorgeousness from the rest of the Design Team and then get to work on your own card!    



Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Brushed Silver) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Pencil and sentiment from Smarty Pants) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punch:  (1/16" hole punch) McGill

15 comments:

Ardyth said...

Shut the front door - this is so clever! CASing for teachers for sure!

Anonymous said...

That is such a fun card!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!!! Your paper-pieced pencil looks awesome!!! Love the tiny details you added under the sentiment as well. May

lostinpaper said...

Such a clever take on the inspiration Jen, love it!

Lindsey said...

What a great card -- and definitely perfectly CAS! Can't wait to see what didn't pass the CAS test...

Lynn said...

Oh this is a CAS beauty. You know this is right up my alley!

Meghan said...

Clever, clever, clever! Love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

Really cute CAS teacher card!

Deepti said...

This is coolest take on the cue card, I am in awe !

wienerhoneymooners said...

Awesome card, so unique, but so YOU! Thoughtful and perfect for the challenge, wonderfully executed, well done, and BRAVO!

cm said...

Cool teacher card in every way! Love it!!
~c

Monika Reeck said...

I love your interpretation Jen...really clever and love the cute dots in yellow...and I love the pink eraser on your pencil...cute pencil and cute card and great CAS Idea...love your card Jen and the clevernest..

I just have idea with "wood"...would be so happy if you as DT member would like to visiting my blog too and leaving me some love...big hugs, Monika

G Peplow said...

Brilliant, love your pencil card :D x

Jessi Fogan said...

This is so perfectly CAS! I love the line of pencils & the popped one pointing at the sentiment...seriously, perfect. LOVE it :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen! This is such a cute card. My daughter's teacher would have loved this card. I love how you put a spot light on just one pencil. Brilliantly done.