Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Celebrate With Cake


Hi there!  I'm going way out of my CAS comfort zone with today's layered card.  I was inspired by both the pink in the photo and the sketch over at the Fusion challenge.  I'm joining the Seize the Birthday Sweet Treats challenge thanks to my sweet little cupcake.  The patterned paper allows me to play along with the current Virginia's View challenge.  And finally, because almost everything on this card is Never Before Used Schtuff I'm joining Darnell's 2nd NBUS challenge.  This particular Avery Elle sentiment was the whole reason I bought the set but, of course, hadn't used it yet.  The October Afternoon paper pad had to be dusted off before I cracked it open and The Craft's Meow cupcake is seeing ink for the first time.  I love how the flowers on the paper almost match the flower on the cupcake.  So perfect!

Supplies Used
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Daffodil Delight) Stampin' Up
Patterned PAper:  (Farm Girl 8x8) October Afternoon
Stamps:  (Cupcake & swirl from Sweet Birthday) The Craft's Meow, (Sentiment from Cake & Candles) Avery Elle
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Red Royal) Hero Arts
Die:  (Nesties Classic Scalloped Squares Large) Spellbinders
Markers:  (R17, R20, R29, YG95) Copic

16 comments:

Darnell said...

You took the words right out of my mouth, Jen, "so perfect!" You also made me want to put a cupcake in my mouth where the words used to be! A sweetly delicious patterned card!! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Lynn said...

Oh I am in love with that cupcake. It is beyond adorable...and the patterned paper is perfect. So glad to see you playing at Fusion Jen.

Shelly said...

This is totally, sweet! Love the papers and cupcake...yum! ;)

Deepti said...

So cute! Love that floral patterned paper :)

~amy~ said...

check you out! I'm lovin' all that patterned paper!!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION and Virginia's View Challenge!

Virginia L. said...

This is just darling! I love the pattern paper with your cupcake image, Jen! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Pattern Paper Challenge!

Helen F. said...

Love all the colors AND that PP is so perfect with your sweet treat of a cup cake, Jen :-)

lostinpaper said...

Alllways cake, I'm a tea and cake girl myself. When I look at a menu, it's dessert first lol! ps Love your card!

Becca Cruger said...

I love the mix and match of patterns. You have got some major talent.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen your design may be out of your comfort one but it is fabulous. LOVE that cupcake and the pretty papers! Thank you for joining us at Virginia's View!

Lindsey said...

It's layered but wonderful! I do love that sentiment. :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

SUPAH sweet, making me want a cupcake!!! I just begged my hubby to go to the store for a little bit of ice cream..you ever do that??? He said no...awwww... Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION!

Kelly Griglione said...

Hey Jen!! Totally love all the different floral and polkadot patterns you incorporated here. Awesome! Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Nancy said...

Love your layered card! Don't you love when you finally get around to using your stuff! That cupcake is so perfect! Glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday and hope to see you again soon!

JoAnn said...

Love your cute cupcake and the layers on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card...and a great job witht he sketch!