Monday, November 2, 2015

Winter Fox


I'm popping in before I head back work to share a card for a four challenges.  I started out with using the colour palette from The Colour Throwdown.  Because of the orange I decided I wanted to use a fox image so I pulled out this NBUS stamp from Lawn Fawn.  I think sending warm winter wishes constitutes thinking of someone so I'm entering this in the Lawnscaping Thinking of You challenge.  Just Add Ink has asked us to Just Add "W" this week and I have a triple "W" in my sentiment.  Finally there's an Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge and the DT focused on Lawn Fawn products so I thought this card would be a perfect entry.  

I did more paper piecing with coloured cardstock.  I should really just get over my fear of colouring because it would probably save me a lot of time but I do like the end result once all the fussy cutting is done.  Must dash - lots of hungry cats to be fed!  Have a lovely evening!


  












Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Fox & sentiment from Winter Fox, Zig zag from Belinda's Borders) Lawn Fawn
Ink:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Stitched tag) Mama Elephant
Marker:  (Pool Party) Stampin' Up

13 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet, simple and SUPER cute! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

JJ Bolton said...

I've always loved that little fox! Love the colors!

Hope you're doing well, Jen!

lostinpaper said...

Great use of these colours and such a fun result Jen!

I Card Everyone said...

Jen this is SO cute!! LOve the coloring, and you know I cannot resist grey!!!
Those fox are going to be a favorite for a long time ... even bought foxy napkins at Crate & Barrel over the weekend!
=]

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful CAS design...the fox image on the tag is just tooo cute!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Lindsey said...

Such a sweet card! Love that the stitched tag echoes the steam from the mug; and the subtle background stamping on the card base.

Lisa Elton said...

He looks all cute and cozy, this is adorable Jen!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Such a sweet card< Jen. Love your little fox & clever use of the sentiment as your W's. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.
Di

Joyce said...

This is adorable. Love your paper pieced fox. You should enter at LIM--they have a paper piecing challenge (I think )

Shelly said...

Such a SWEET card!!

Jan said...

Such a lovely cute card Jen! Your image is so adorable and I love how all of the details are on the stitched tag - so beautifully clean! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Christine Blain said...

This is a very cute card, Jen. Way to go, with the "triple W" sentiment! Glad you could join us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Samantha Mann said...

this is adorable! i love that little fox on the grey paper!! it's sure to brighten someone's day! Thank you SO much for playing along with the current Lawnscaping Challenge! :)