Sunday, September 11, 2016

Balloons, Stars and a Boat


Hi there!  I've got a few more cards to share with you today.  First up is another card inspired by Anita over at Muse.  I wasn't totally happy with my first Muse card so I tried again and I love this one!  I stamped some Lawn Fawn balloons and then sprinkled them with Brusho before spritzing them with water.  So simple but fun and you'll never get the same look twice.  I'm also going to enter this is the Anything Goes part of the challenge at Seize the Birthday.




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Watercolor) Ranger, (Black) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Balloons  from Admit One) Lawn Fawn, (Sentiment from Birthday Greetings) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Hero Arts
Dies:  (Stitched rectangle) Mama Elephant
Colour:  (Sea Green, Turquoise, Violet) Brusho
Marker:  (Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Gems:  Recollections



Next is a card based on the design at Freshly Made Sketches.  I love the sentiment font from the new Avery Elle Retro Ornaments set - so funky and fun!  I wanted the sentiment to take centre stage so I inked up a panel using a few stars from the set and popped the sentiment up in front of it along with some glitter tape. 

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured White) Bazzill, (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Retro Ornaments) Avery Elle
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire) Ranger
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Tape:  (Silver glitter) American Crafts



Finally is a card using the palette from ColourQ.  I was inspired by Tracey's use of coloured outline stamps and so inked up the Stay Salty set from Essentials by Ellen and came up with this.  I love that sentiment!  Actually the whole set is a lot of fun and there are plenty people around here who will enjoy the images and sentiments especially with America's Cup fever building for next year.

That's it for now.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Stay Salty) Essentials by Ellen
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Pure Poppy, Night of Navy) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Wonky Stitched Circles) My Favourite Things

14 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the sentiment on the last one. Perfect! And I see why you love your MUSE card! As I said earlier...you are on a roll!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

3 terrific cards, Jen.
My fav is your balloons - with that gorgeous, watercolour background.
xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun use of the Brushos - Thanks for joining in at STB

Lindsey said...

1. Love the brusho balloons! Need to learn to be "freer" with my w/c powders, I think I like to control them too much.
2. This is so fun and retro! Is it weird that it reminds me of the credits to Bewitched? (The tv series, not the movie, I'm old.)
3. This is fun, too! And what an awesome sentiment.

Joyce said...

Lots of crafty goodness here today, Jen. Love them all, especially the card you submitted at ColourQ.

Jen Brum said...

Very pretty card! I love that panel you've created with the stars! So beautiful for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Darnell said...

Great, greater, greatest! Love this fabulous trio of cards, Jen!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

One happy, one festive and one super cute!! A trio of great cards Jen!!

Lisa Elton said...

It's me again! I forgot to thank you for playing along with us at ColourQ!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! The stars really shine against that blue background - just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Neets B said...

Another lovely creation, Jen. I love the unique effects you get with Brushos and this is a great design.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse, Anita x

maria f. said...

You are a Brusho master! What a fabulous balloon card.

Anita in France said...

Those brusho balloons are brilliant, Jen ... love how the colour is concentrated inside the and then drifts off into the 'air' ... so clever! The white on black sentiment panel really pops against the gorgeous starry blue background ... that is such a fab font! Cute sailboat ... the wonky stitching is perfect with the choppy waves! Hugs, Anita :)

Michelle said...

What a fun trio of cards! Thank you for sharing such a whimsical and dreamy scene with us at ColourQ!