Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Grumpy Birthday


It was my uncle's birthday on Tuesday so, since he's a fellow dog lover, I whipped up this card for him.  I think the look on this Gerda Steiner pooch's face represents pretty well how he feels about his birthday these days - he tolerates them but they certainly are not his favourite thing.  :)  I pulled out some more old Basic Grey papers for this card - this time Obscure.  Finally putting all the oldies but goodies to work.  I think I'll have to have a celebration if I ever totally use up a complete set of papers.
This card was inspired by the sketch at The Paper Players and the Animals these at Cupcake Inspirations.














Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Obscure 6x6) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Dog & sentiment from Howl Are You) Gerda Steiner, (Party hat from Hats Off to You) Lawn Fawn
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Markers:  (E33, E35, 100) Copic
Other:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

What an awesome masculine card!

Jenny said...

hehe... what a grump! Reminds me of Butch from the Tom & Jerry cartoons ;)
Jenny x

Bobby said...

This is hilarious, Jen. I love the look on his face and I pretty much feel about birthdays as your uncle does.

Happy Dance said...

I had to chuckle at your comment about using up a complete set of papers. Between me and my sister, I'm pretty sure we'd be able to open a store with all the papers we have; "Hi. My name is Bev and I'm a paperaholic." Your card will certainly make your uncle smile. What a cute grumpy image! Love his party hat, too. The paper really sets him off nicely! What a fun card! Bev

Lindsey said...

LOL! Love this card! I will never totally finish a paper pad, it seems.

lostinpaper said...

I'll bet he loved it Jen, what a fun 'Uncle' card!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jaydee said...

Your bulldog is fabulous and beautifully colored, too. Such a fun card - thank you for bringing a smile to my face. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

laurie said...

What a cute image! so fun. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Lisa Elton said...

Well isn't he a fun guy!! This is cute Jen!

Hannelie said...

Kinda looks like me when I wake up!
Great card!

Anita in France said...

Cute and fun, Jen ... bet this happy little chap had your uncle smiling! Hugs, Anita :)